Coyote Business Park is an industrial business park located in Pendleton, Oregon and is owned and operated by the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation. As a general rule, conducting business on the reservation is not significantly different from running a business anywhere else. Businesses are subject to federal employment laws, pay state and federal taxes (check out our tax credits!), and have access to state courts to resolve civil disputes. Read on to learn what differentiates Coyote Business Park from other properties.
Dedicated to Economic Development
- Economic Impact – With an annual operating budget in excess of $220 million and nearly 1,600 employees, the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation have established themselves as a regional leader in economic development. With a mix of on- and off-reservation projects and a mix of tribal and non-Indian employees, CTUIR dollars have an impact both at home and in our neighboring communities.
- Experience That Counts – In addition to Coyote Business Park, the tribes own and operate successful enterprises in a broad range of industries. Wildhorse Resort & Casino may be the most notable with a Las Vegas-style casino, hotel tower, golf course, RV Park, movie theater, and a variety of dining options. The tribe’s other enterprises include Cayuse Technologies (a business-to-business technology services company), Tamastslikt Cultural Institute (a tribal museum and cultural center), Yaka Energy (an energy trading company) Arrowhead Travel Plaza (commercial & passenger fuel, convenience store), a farming operation, a transfer station, and more.
- Professional Team – The tribes are committed to economic diversification to support new industry and jobs growth for its tribal member as well as the surrounding communities. To that end, Coyote Business Park employs a team of economic development professionals that are ready to help your business grow. Learn more about our team here.
More Than Just Real Estate
- Comprehensive Development Services – The Coyote Business Park economic development team is committed to being a one-stop resource for tenant needs. In addition to oversight of the business park, our team can help your business with the planning/permitting process, partnering with developers or contractors, workforce recruitment & development, local marketing, and more.
- Responsive Facility Maintenance – Coyote Business Park employs an on-site property maintenance contractor who can address all tenant facility needs, from changing light bulbs and air filters to landscaping to major repairs. Maintenance staff is available for emergency facility needs 24 hours per day.
Low Development Costs
- Land prices at Coyote Business Park are an average of 74% less expensive than comparable sites in Sacramento, Portland, Tacoma, Boise, Central Oregon, and Southern Oregon. (Source: Foote Consulting Group’s Oregon Distribution Center Analysis)
- With build-to-suit options, monthly lease rates are lower because building and tenant improvement costs are amortized over a longer lease period than with traditional financing.
- No system development charges! SDC’s can cost tens of thousands of dollars in some jurisdictions.
- Federal income tax credits
- Oregon income tax credits
- Accelerated depreciation
- Property tax abatement
- No sales tax
- Learn more about tax advantages at Coyote Business Park here!